Monday, November 23, 2009

Thrifty Deal of the Weekend


Found this bag at a local store this weekend.

I liked the bag but after picking it up and looking a little closer, I discovered it had a missing zipper pull.

So I tried a technique I have heard about - I went to the counter, pointed out the missing zipper pull and asked if I could get a discount.



The bag was originally $36.00, but it was at one of those discount stores that already had it marked down to $21.60. Then to my surprise the young man at the counter said he could mark it down even more. Here is a copy of the receipt...



as you can see he marked it down 20% more!! What a thrifty deal on a handbag.

Based on my experience, I suggest you always check over the merchandise you are about to buy and if you happen to find a defect and still want the item, see if the store will mark it down for you.

No comments: